Hello there,
I'm not dead; I've just emerged from the rock I've been living under for the past month. I've been working hard as a temp for a company that manages low income housing in Boston. It has been quite an experience. To say the least, it has left a bitter taste in my mouth regarding welfare, its recipients, and organizations working with. I work in an office where the employees don't feel they have to treat the people they work with with any kind of dignity. Just because these individuals are poor and unemployed (some by choice other are victims of circumstances and many more have lived off of the system for so long that they can't fathom a world without it.), doesn't mean they need to be treated that way.
I'm trying to work two jobs so I can pay off my debt, save up, and move out by the end of September. Will see what happens. Inshallah I'll have an offer by the middle of September.
6.28.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment