2.17.2009

I love to be loved


I am dreamer,
Limitless,
effortless,
and graceful when you least expect it.
A daughter to a psychotic mother who has loved me the best way she knows how.
I am an aunt.
Scholarly,
La grande royale,
seemingless,
mignon,
incredible at my best,
everything Fanon thought of but never explored or wrote of;
I am a treasure chest.
Everything you wish you were,
your rival,
your lover,
the best friend you wish you had.
Compassionate,
loyal,
profound without even trying.
I am an amalgamation of reality,
a photographer,
Camerican,
stuck,
Giving,
improving,
vain,
self-reliant
fragile,
GREAT when I'm mediocre, stellar at my best;
everything you wish you could be and then some.
a metaphor waiting to be written
i'm on a quest.
I looked for God in many places,
I found him in a mosque,
Lost faith in humanity,
found it in Islam,
I am in recovery.
I embrace my shortcomings.
a firm believer in spring cleaning.
Lost
I'm a believer in Christ;
I'm a fragment,
magical,
A thinker,
inconsistent
profound when you least expect it.
nostalgic,
the long lost love you've dreamed of but haven't had the courage to seek out.
Cameroonian by birth,
rooted in Yaounde,
A Parisian in the making,
Bostonian in love with Dakar
with New York as my ex
and D.C. in my future
I'm the revolution Africa seeks and has yet to find.
A martyr.
searching for truth in unconventional places.
Solace
That girl who loves to like and is consistently in like, never in love,
often in lust masked as love confused with like.
I am playful,
fluent in sarcasm,
in love with Arabic but French is my first love.
Haunted by what if's and missed possibilities.
Allergic to apples (but I eat them),
mushrooms.
I am severely allergic to bullshit.
I am depleted.
consistently moved by others.
Saddened by poverty,
taking it one day at a time.
I hate winter,
live for summer, sundresses, and sunglasses.
flip flops are love.
doctrinaire in redemption.
I am a distant memory
je comprends l'importance de savior,
i am witty,
i am poor,
Empowered by Desmond Tutu, humbled by Wangari Maathai, mesmerized by Camus and head over heals in love with Garcia Marquez.
I am unencumbered,
ready to continue the takeover,
a legend in the making.
waiting in a coffee shop
adherent to the belief that coffee is liquified gold.
Thoughtful,
reserved,
persistent,
obsessed with the preservation of memory.
Bismillah!
A soon to be college graduate in search of direction but my compass is broken.
I am affectionate,
a distraction,
your future boss!
Continuous.
Hopeful,
evolving,
crass.
Continuiously pensive,
a mystery.
I am forgetful.
cOmitted,
omitted,
celebrated.
a poor speller,
excellent grammarian (when I feel like it).
Educated,
red lipstick,
full of adventure,
unpredictable.
Living life simply,
and abundantly.
I am cultured,
rich,
and cultivated.
Flexible.
I see possibilities in impossibilities.
accessible,
open,
selective,
rebellious,
failed poet,
wanna be writer,
misunderstood.
an activist,
awkward,
articulate
an aliteration in the making.
I am everything Senghor, Cesaire, and Damas conceptualized and hoped for but failed to make a reality.
I am a fugitive.
I am the coolest thing since sliced bread;
true story.
Superb,
sensitive,
humorous.
A small deciduous European tree of the rose family,
a favorite.
I fear failure.
I am dependable,
insightful.
Je me souviens toujours.
Yangi ci jamm?
Jamm Rekk
Y
Estella



2 comments:

  1. this makes me miss you. a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one word...WOW.......its funny how as I read through your list...it was as though I was reading about myself...I must say very deep....You grew up in Yde??? me three! anyways girl keep doing your thing...and lets show the world...well at least blogger that some thing good DOES come out of Africa...Cameroon!
    P.S: I see you also followed my sis blog..Dulce
    lol im sure u'll love hers its more prof. than mines

    ReplyDelete